Teaching persuasive writing with picture books help guide and inspire ideas for your students during the planning and writing process. Picture books and mentor text bring persuasive writing to life for students. Here is a handy collection of 15 persuasive writing picture books you can use to inspire your students when teaching persuasive writing.
1. Let’s Get a Pup By Bob Graham
2. The Great Kapok Tree by Lynne Cherry.
3. The Perfect Pet by Margie Palantini & Bruce Whatley
4. What pet should I get? Dr Seuess
5. The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka
6. Duck! Rabbit! By Amy Krouse Rosenthal
7. I want a new room By Karen Kaufman Orloff
8.I Wanna Iguana By Karen Kaufman Orloff
9. Red is best. By Kathy Stinson
10. Earrings By Judith Viorst
11. Hey Little Ant. By Phillip and Hannah Hoose
12. Stella Writes an Opinion
13. Don’t let the Pigeon Drive the bus By Mo Willems
14. Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay up late. By Mo Willems
15. Can we save the Tiger? By Martin Jenkins
If you are looking for writing prompts for your persuasive writing, take a look at these.